Living a healthy and successful life involves thinking
beyond the food we eat. Our programs contribute to healthy school
environments through physical activity, classroom and school based programs,
and encouraging our associates to volunteer their time and resources to the
communities in which we serve.
Healthy School Environment
We at Chartwells recognize the importance of team effort.
We are therefore very pleased to announce our unique partnership with
Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK). AFHK is a national nonprofit organization
with a grassroots network of state team volunteers addressing the
childhood obesity epidemic by focusing on improving nutrition and physical
activity in schools. Chartwells has chosen Action of Healthy Kids as a
partner because both groups share a commitment to children's health.
Chartwells is also committed to working with other professional associations that are dedicated to finding solutions to the childhood obesity public health crisis. Chartwells is committed to sustaining membership, support and collaboration with the following organizations:
- National Association of State Boards of Education
- National Parent Teachers Association
- School Nutrition Association
- American Association of School Business Officials
- American Association of School Administrators
- Society for Nutrition Education
- American Dietetic Association